Welcome to the Swamy Group
The Swamy Group is run by Dr. Arvind Narayanaswamy. Past and current areas of research include:
- Thermal radiation - near field effects, selective emission, Green's function solutions for electromagnetic scattering
- Dispersive forces - van der Waals and Casimir forces, adhesion, phase change heat transfer
- Thermal measurements with bimaterial cantilevers - heat flow through nanostructures, electrospinning of nanowires
- Fluid dymanics - computational fluid dynamics, mechanics of froths
- Desalination using solar energy
Students looking to get involved may contact Professor Narayanaswamy directly by email or stop by Mudd 127 and talk to a graduate student.